This is more than an inspiring city venue, but also cultivates socially conscious eventing practise. A portion of the profit generated through this venue goes to support urban program activities for social upliftment in Jeppe. Here are some points around logistics for you to consider to help your event to run smoothly and have maximum community impact:
– Main guest entrance: 28 Madison Street, Jeppestown
– Deliveries (by prior arrangement), parking entrance 17 Gus Street
– There are 3 lifts i – one lift is for dedicated use for the rooftop events space. This lift stops at parking level (for easy onloading and offloading of equipment) and for guests can be caught at the lower ground level.
– Access points: There are electricity plugs in the covered bar area. Please BYO extension cords if you need electricity supply on the deck/roof area. Please also BYO plugboards if you have multiple items to plug in.
– There are water points available at the sink in the bar area, and at the bathroom taps.
– There are three toilets located on the rooftop for your use during the event. Vehicles:
– Uber/Taxify commute safely and willingly in this area.
-Parking is on the streets around Bjala Square (Madison St, 21 Gus Street,Fawcus St and Jules St) and at the client’s own risk. If you would like security for vehicles we require you to hire locally through the Jeppestown Community Policing Forum team of local Street Patrollers.
The Bjala Square Parking lot is fully booked and we are only able to offer internal parking for up to 3 onload/offloading cars for equipment. If your event takes place between 6pm and 10pm or on weekends, up to 10 bays might be possible to arrange. This comes at an extra charge.
– Please note – it’s a whole different weather system up here in the sky! Dainty décor, light stands etc won’t survive the winds. Any props or décor you want to include need to be sturdy or have good anchorage!
– A stretched tent can be erected over the deck for extra shade/rain protection. Additional cost.
Our venue also has a strategy for maximising job opportunities for Jeppe citizens. Booking your event here benefits the community in which it takes place. Please bear in mind that for these strategies to work event organisers and third parties on your team need to be willing to work with our local labour teams
– We expect the venue to be returned in the state it was handed to you. If you anticipate the need for cleaning services, we request you use local labour. We can connect you to our community staff directly or we can add it to your invoice as an additional service that we can manage for you.
– If you would like security for vehicles or building access controls you can hire locally through the Jeppestown Community Policing Forum team of local Street Patrollers.